About the Journal
Ethiopian Journal of Medical and Health Sciences (EJMHS) – ISSN (online): 2789-7087 – is a peer-reviewed journal published by the College of Medicine and Health Sciences of Hawassa University under a creative commons license (CC BY 4.0). EJMHS is a multi- and inter-disciplinary journal that is devoted to publishing fascinating, high quality, state-of-the-art, and valuable advancements in the fields of medical, health, and basic sciences.
EJMHS invites submission of manuscripts from different disciplines to advance the depths of knowledge related to medical, health, and basic sciences. The journal encourages publications of scholarly papers on various themes with the aim of giving innovative solutions to health problems.
EJMHS is an open-access academic journal published biannually on a regular basis. The Journal publishes original research articles, critical reviews, mini-reviews, short communications, book reviews, and clinical case reports related to the specific theme, and a variety of special issues. It encourages publishing comments on current health initiatives; personal experiences; and comments on clinical, social, political, economic, and all other factors affecting the health status of the society.
1. Outcome of alcohol breath analysis among road traffic accident victims: Experience from a southwestern Nigerian teaching hospital.
Akinwumi Akinsola Idowu, Adesina Stephen Adesope, Amole Isaac Olusayo, Adebobola Adewole Zacchaeus, Ogundele Olorunfemi Akinbode, Adegoke Adepeju Olatayo, Awotunde Olufemi Timothy, Durodola Adewumi Ojeniyi, Eyesan Samuel Uwale, OlaOlorun Akintayo David
2. Magnitude and associated risk factors of benign prostatic hyperplasia among patients admitted to the surgical department of urology ward in Hawassa University Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, Sidama region, Ethiopia.
Amanuel Anegagregn, Ayantu Melke, Zinabua Alemayehu, Shemelis Aynalem, Michael Teshale, Samrawit Eshetu, Mehretu Belayneh
3. Prevalence of incomplete vaccination and associated factors among children aged 24-35 months in Dale woreda, Sidama region, Ethiopia.
Assefa Demissie Dana, Deresse Legesse Kebede, Kebede Tefera Betru
4. Prevalence of hospital-acquired infections and associated factors among patients admitted to Hawassa University Comprehensive Specialized Hospital, southern Ethiopia.
Getachew Melakie, Embialle Mengistie, Tesfaye Ashenafi, Busera Seman
1. A rare case of ileo-ileal knotting with strangulated intestinal obstruction
Alazar Berhe Aregawi, Addis Yeshitila Kidane.
Copyright © 2022 Hawassa University
EJMHS is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.